Chengbin Ma (马澄斌), Ph. D., IEEE Senior Member
Associate Professor with Tenure of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Office: Room 420, UM-SJTU Joint Institute, Minhang campus, SJTU
Phone: +86-21-3420-6765 ext.4201(O)
- Delegate, Energy Cluster formed by six technical committees on electric machines, energy storage, power electronics, renewable energy systems, smart grids, and transportation electrification, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2019-20.
- Chair, Energy Storage Technical Committee, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2018-19.
- Vice Chair, Resilience and Security for Industrial Applications Technical Committee, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2020-Present.
- Chair, Shanghai Chapter, IEEE Industrial Electronics Society, 2017-Present.
- Member, Wireless Power Transfer Technical Committee of China Electrotechnical Society, 2020-Present.
- Asia Technology Lead, AirFuel Alliance, USA, 2019-Present.
- Associated Editor,
IEEE Transactions on Industrial Informatics, 2016-Present.
IEEE Journal of Emerging and Selected Topics in Industrial Electronics, 2019-Present.
IEEE Industrial Electronics Technical News (ITeN), 2016-2017.
Academic and Industrial Experiences:
- Faculty Member of Electrical and Computer Engineering, the University of Michigan–Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute (UM-SJTU Joint Institute), Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai, China, Aug. 2008-present
- Postdoctoral Researcher with IMS-Mechatronics Laboratory, the Department of Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering, University of California, Davis, USA, Nov. 2006-Mar. 2008.
- R&D Researcher with Servo Laboratory, FANUC Ltd., Oshino-mura, Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan, Oct. 2004-Oct. 2006.
- Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from Hori Laboratory, the Department of Electrical Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, Oct. 2001-Sep. 2004.
- Master degree in electrical engineering from Yamaji-Fujii Laboratory, the Department of Electrical Engineering, The University of Tokyo, Tokyo, Japan, Oct. 1999-Sep. 2001.
- B.S. degree with honor from the Department of Industrial Automation, East China University of Science and Technology, Shanghai, China, Sep. 1993-Jul.1997.