I joined the University of Michigan –Shanghai Jiao Tong University Joint Institute at Shanghai Jiao Tong University as a tenure-track assistant professor since May 2020. I am also affiliated with the Department of Electronic Engineering at SJTU. Before that, I received my Ph.D. degree in Computing Science from Simon Fraser University in 2020, supervised by Prof. Jiangchuan Liu. I received my M.Phil degree from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology in 2015, supervised by Prof. Bo Li, and my B.Eng. degree from Xi’an Jiaotong University in 2012.
- Cloud/edge computing
- Multimedia networking
- Distributed machine learning systems
- E-health and e-energy
- (New!) 2023-11-05: Congratulate my students, Qiying Pan and Botao Zhu, for winning the Huatai Securities Research Scholarship and JI Encouragement Scholarship!
- (New!) 2023-10-07: Our paper on contextual client selection in FL is accepted in IEEE TMC 2023
- (New!) 2023-03-02: Our paper on satellite edge computing is accepted in IEEE TMC 2023
- (New!) 2023-02-10: Our paper on federated graph learning is accepted in IEEE ICDE 2023
- More in News
I am always looking for self-motivated students (undergrads, tentative master’s, Ph.D. students, and Postdocs) who are interested in doing research in the broad areas of networked systems and their optimizations, including edge computing, multimedia networking, network economics, etc. Please send me an email with your CV and transcript if you are interested.
- Z Wang, Y Zhu, D Wang, Z Han. “FedFPM: A Unified Federated Analytics Framework for Collaborative Frequent Pattern Mining“, in IEEE INFOCOM, 2022
- D Wang, S Shi, Y Zhu, Z Han. “Federated Analytics: Opportunities and Challenges”, in IEEE Network, 2021.
- M Zhang, Y Zhu, C Zhang, J Liu. “Video Processing with Serverless Computing: A Measurement Study”, in ACM NOSSDAV, 2019.
- Y Zhu, SD Fu, J Liu, Y Cui. “Truthful Online Auction Towards Maximized Instance Utilization in the Cloud”, in IEEE/ACM Transaction on Networking, 2018.
- Y Zhu, J Liu, Z Wang, C Zhang. “When Cloud Meets Uncertain Crowd: An Auction Approach for Crowdsourced Livecast Transcoding”, in ACM Multimedia, 2017.
- Y Zhu, J Jiang, B Li, B Li. “Rado: A Randomized Auction Approach for Data Oﬄoading via D2D Communication”, in IEEE MASS, 2015.